2020 was our third incredible year in paradise with an island full of fellow ocean lovers. Beautiful conditions, 85-degree water, and a large swell greeted our crew upon arrival providing some epic Cloudbreak action for the first couple of days. After that, a wind shift had us riding other spots, and we finished our amazing week at the world's premiere surf resort, Tavarua Island, Fiji completely sunburned and surfed out. We rode all spots including Cloudbreak, Restaurant's, Namotu Lefts, Desperation's, Swimming Pool's, Wilke's, Tavi Rights, and of course the family-friendly little peaks out front of the Resort called Kiddieland. We had four crews:
- -The Cloudbreak riders who were looking for bigger, hollow, more challenging waves.
- -The Rights riders who wanted smaller, less-threatening, but still super-fun waves.
- -The novice surfers who consisted of family members and our surfing friends who joined the trip and just wanted small, fun waves. They stuck with the righthand easy-breaking waves of Tavarua Rights and Swimming Pools.
- -The kiddos and beginners who rode the small, super mellow mushy 1 footers breaking directly in front of the Resort.
We and many others brought our families and the kids and even the non-surfers had an absolutely AMAZING time fishing, snorkeling right in front of the Resort, laying by the pool, hot tub and bar, SUPing around the island and over to Namotu, as well as excursions to other islands, etc.!
Jay's trip blog from 2020:
- Couples: USD$6,047 (one surfing/one non-surfing)
- Adult: USD$3,665
- Teen (12-14): USD$1,443
- Child (2-11): USD$893
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Seven nights air-conditioned bure accommodations (Saturday-Saturday)
- Surf transfers by boat to all breaks around Tavarua Island
- Three epic all-you-can-eat meals per day
- Use of island facilities and equipment (SUP, Kayak, soft top surfboards, masks/snorkels, pool and hot tub, game room, skate ramp, tennis court, gym, basketball court, etc.)
- Sessions with pro bodyboarders Jay and Vicki Reale
- Traditional Fijian Kava ceremony
- Awards night with prizes
- Tavi Tube Tour tee shirt
- Photo packages of your sessions and lifestyle pics of you and your family will be available at an additional cost by renowned photographer Scott Winer (@fijichili)
- Airfare (though this can be added...see below)
- Alcohol, sodas and other beverages at the bar and restaurant (these can be picked up on the way from Nadi Airport and brought to the island)
- Round trip airport transfers (around $90 per adult)
- Tips for island staff at the end of the trip (we suggest about $100 for lifeguards and staff)
- Board fees incurred by airlines (typically only charged for surfboards, not bodyboards)
- About $25 per family to buy Kava root upon arrival to take to the island for Fiji night
- Wifi: The Resort charges a base fee for up to 2 devices of about $135/week and charges more for each additional device. (there is cell service on the island though)
- VAT and HTT taxes: About 20% of your total bill! Please factor this in!!!
- Hotel room for the day we leave the island (optional). Flights to the Mainland USA leave at 9:30pm and you will be off the island before noon, so it's usually worth it to book a day room rather than hanging out at the airport for 10 hours or book it yourself. We spend the afternoon at the TokaToka Resort across the road from the airport.
- Travel insurance is MANDATORY! It is not expensive and is readily available online. This is cyclone season and the island occasionally evacuates. The booking agency WILL NOT refund for any reason. We recommend insuremytrip.com
Email us to reserve your spot!